Thursday, May 10, 2007

People are lazy crapsacks, even by my lax standards

I write this because I was commuting in on Metro this morning, like I do, and reading Express, like I do. Now i know that the fact that it is a free paper doesn't incline people to respect it like they would a Post that they had paid for, but come on....

1. Everyone reads their paper, and then just leaves it on top of the seat, or on the floor. Have the decency to take it with you out of the car, and then throw it out, or recycle it. don't leave it on the floor for me to slip on, as I did.

2. This morning, I passed by one of those "recycle your paper" trashcans. Where you put your used papers to be recycled. It was right by the turnstiles, so it wasn't out of the way, or anything. It says, right on the side, in big letters "please recycle your papers here, when you're finished reading them." It wasn't full, or anything. I deposited my paper, like you'd do. Now, next to it is a trash can. By next to it, I mean literally "two feet away". and farther away from the turnstile, requiring more effort. It was entirely full of newspapers. I'm not sure if people are morally opposed to recycling, or just lazy crapsacks. But in any case, people generally suck. That is all.