Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Incomptence Rage

Why are people so incompetent? Seriously. There is a woman in my office who has one job (at least as far as I can tell): take employees' time sheets and enter them into the computer system that gets us paid. I've never seen her do anything else but talk on the phone. (As an aside, this system is also ntiquated. There's no reason why we don't have a system where each employee enters their time, which is then validated by a supervisor. Instead we email timesheets to this moron who uses a MS-DOS interface to screw us all over.)

So I just checked my pay stub, and I only got paid for 72 hours this pay period. Notably, my time sheet clearly stated that between work and sick leave I should have been paid for 80. So when things didn't add up, did she bother to double-check what I sent her with what she entered? Apparently not. And if she was really confused, did she contact me to see if just maybe we could figure out what the problem is? Also, no.

Why are people incapable of doing their jobs properly? I am also fighting my physical therapy company, which billed me again for the copayments that I paid after each session. The first woman I spoke to took three weeks to accomplish nothing and never call me back. The next person I talked to seemed to understand what the problem was, but it was something only her supervisor could fix. She said she'd get back to me by yesterday, because apparently it takes five days to get someone to make a change to a file or spreadsheet. But I guess five days wasn't enough, after all...

No comments: