Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another post related to personal behavior on public transit. Is this a theme from me?

Seriously, people.

I normally enjoy commuting, to a point. It's okay. If it weren't for the other people. the inconsiderate, smelly people, who emit odors. And not ones that they have no control over.

I write this because I was taking the escalator to the metro, as I am wont to do. This particular escalator goes up, because we live in P.G. county, and have elevated rail. The importance will be clear in a moment. I step on the escalator a few seconds after a well-dressed, relatively slight young woman. Anyone who rides an escalator regularly and has a basic grasp of timing and spatial relations will know where my head was, vis a vis this woman. And can see where I'm going with this.

For those who don't ride escalators, or don't care to work this challenging math problem out on paper or their heads, that means that my face was roughly at the same level as the woman's posterior. And maybe a foot and a half away. I don't know exactly. My mind subsequently became very clouded.

Because the slight young lady decided that the escalator was a perfect time to let loose with a silent, yet strong blast of flatulence. In my face. WHY? She had to know that there was a chance that people were behind her. Why would you do that? People are just evil.

No comments: