Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Shocking Confession from a Confrontation-phobe

There were so many awesomely bloggable things that have happened recently. For instance:

  1. Scented section of Giant and all of the floral mixed with monkey butt fragrances contained within.
  2. My workout pants are too big and as I walked out of giant, they ended up completely below my butt, so I was mooning the pharmacist (who talked to me for 5 minutes about the afterlife), some elderly people and some children, who may never recover.
  3. How I am sick - AGAIN. At my doctor's office, I saw a picture of his daughter's wedding and asked him an inordinate amount of questions about it. Because I paid for it. Me and my craptacular immune system. Also because I'm obsessed with weddings, which is a whole other issue.

But what I am choosing to be the most upset about is the message board for my condo. There is an ongoing fight right now regarding parking spaces. Now, there is no parking near my building. This was definitely clear when purchasing said condo. There is a parking lot that is FREE on the weekends and not 500 feet away from the building. Apparently, this is intolerable. So the management put in four visitor spots and gave us all little placards of authority to use said spaces for our visitors. So now there is a massive fight going on about abuse of the visitor spaces. There is confrontation galore, which I lurk and read. And it is so bitchy that I sometimes am scared that they will somehow KNOW that I am lurking and start yelling at me (rational - thy name is me). Because I hate conflict.

Part of the reason is because, on the rare occassions when I get pissed enough, I get really angry and then I start with the lying. The best incidence of this was when some old people pulled up next to me on River Road and cursed me out. The rage came out and there may have been an accusation of a little dick, impotence, sex with farm animals, little boys and maybe they should not be allowed to drive because they are perhaps too old and maybe a hope that their internal organs would fail. But they started it.

Another reason is that I cry when I get mad. Like at Carmax and more recently, CVS. It's hard to be authoritative and scary when you are the crying lady. Embarrassing, so embarrassing.

So anyway, the last entry for the message boards was "I am calling the tow company right now! You better move your car!" My apartment complex should be renamed to the Bitchington. Why do people have to be so mean and petty? There will NEVER be enough spaces, deal with it. We live a BLOCK away from a metro and 500 feet away from ample free parking. Suck it, people.


No comments: