Saturday, September 8, 2007

My job a'splode!

For those of you who don't read the newspaper...or watch cnn...or listen to talk radio, you may have missed the wonderful world of mortgage lending implosion. Of which I am now a part of.

As of last week, Queen Dweeb has been relieved of her job. That's right, my company shuttered our office. The best part about this is that we're all continuing to work through the end of the month to help clean up for whomever takes over our pipeline. Awesome.

The real question is: what next? Unlike most people who get laid off, I have no industry left to continue in. Go check out ml-implode.com. Seriously, they're falling like dominoes. Or toy soldiers. Like Martika sang about back in '89.

So, I need a few suggestions. What should I do in my next life? As I see it, I can go join the circus with my new gazongas, or I can somehow get a show on talk radio and kvetch bitterly about everything in my life. Or perhaps I can actually avail myself of the company resources, re-write my resume and get another grown-up job.

What do you think of my job choices? Which should I shoot for?

A: Professional kvetcher
B: Suicide Girl (hmm...might need to draw fake tattoos on myself first)
C: Math
D: Unicorn Wrangler

Personally, I'm hoping for D, though I know that my fate lies with C. Because math means money. And dammit, I'm sick of returning all the pretty things I bought for myself this week (and yes, I'd like to thank Neiman Marcus for taking back some stuff I bought in June, and did not have a receipt for).

4 comments:

Quintam said...

I think you should be a fairy with me - we will gather unicorn dust together to bring peace to all the land :)

OptimisticalCynical said...

Did I mention that I know a suicide girl? Or an Ex Suicide girl. She's one of my sister's friends, before anyone reaches the wrong conclusions.

Can I wrangle the unicorn's Legal arguments?

also, are any of us, you know...ahem...qualified for unicorn wrangling anymore?

Paperpusher said...

If I had to do it all over again, I think I would become a flower delivery person a la Bed of Roses--people would always be happy to see me. Or I recently saw a movie with a chocolate delivery person--I might gain too much weight doing that though....

QueenDweeb said...

I'm qualifed for unicorn wrangling, dammit. All those years of horseback riding must be good for something, after all.