Monday, January 15, 2007

Meter Maid Mania

I'm not sure who hires parking enforcers, but they are either so clueless that they are incapable of determining the literacy of their employees, or they are diabolical opportunists who search for the same.

Last night I received a parking ticket. Here is my car in front of the sign that dictates when it is acceptable to park in this space, and when it is not:



I know there is glare off the sign. Here is a closeup of said sign:




Last night was Sunday, January 14th. The ticket was written at 8:39 pm.

Now, this was in Maryland, and I have Virginia plates. The friend I was visiting insists that her ex-boyfriend, a Maryland resident, parked there for months and never received a ticket. So either I got a new meter maid who can't read, or they teach their meter maids to issue tickets to those from out of state expecting that the ticket will not be contested.

Hey Maryland? See you in court.

1 comment:

Paperpusher said...

You show those opportunistic b*****!