Monday, January 22, 2007

Throwing out challenges - I've got balls

I'm sorry to throw out the first time I'm blogging on here. But I need some help and amusement. So any advice is much appreciated. Oh, and if you want a bit about my disease, I just posted a new blog on my own personal blog which has a very brief description of my disease. http://ramblingsandobservations.blogspot.com/

First, I need to get a medical bracelet for my lack-of-platelets condition. OK, seriously, am I 200 years old? The first challenge - can anyone find the ugliest, stupidest looking medical alert bracelet ever? Should I just get a tattoo of myself on my wrist bleeding profusely?

Below is the mascot for my disease. It's from the Platelet Disorder Society (www.pdsa.org). Seriously, a platelet pal. This is the LAMEST mascot for any disease I have ever seen. The second challenge is for anyone to find a better mascot. I mean, seriously. He should at least have the ability to squirt blood out of his eyes or something.

padPlatelet Pal

Platelet Pal is a great friend to brighten your life. It will be a special friend to anyone but especially someone with low platelets. It comes with a large plastic clip. The clip is great for hanging your Platelet Pal as a decoration in your home or office.

At nine inches tall it makes quite a statement. This guy is guaranteed to raise your spirits and who knows, maybe your platelets. A great gift idea to give yourself or someone you care about. You might like a Platelet Pal for your wall and a Junior Platelet Pal for your keys or vehicle.

3 comments:

OptimisticalCynical said...

http://www.laurenshope.com/category.aspx?id=1

Totally blinged out Medic Alert Bracelets.

OptimisticalCynical said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OptimisticalCynical said...

Oh, and sorry about the balls. I'm sure they'll retract.

Last post retracted due to a friggin' spelling error.