Monday, August 20, 2007

Crash and Burn

So we've clearly established that the motley crew know as kvetch is the new blog is host to some less than...graceful people. Let me proudly add myself to that list.

Today while over at my parents' house, I somehow managed to lose my footing & take a header. Awesome enough in & of itself. However, I skated in the roller derby for a year, and have taught myself to only fall forward, since I usually wore kneepads when falling. So I tumbled forward, and crashed down on my knees, then my hands, as I was taught. Only, no kneepads. And my parents' kitchen floor, you ask? Oh, it's made of CERAMIC TILE. &%$@ does that ever leave a mark.

My mother actually laughed at me, then tried to find me something to ice my knees with. I was offered some frozen ravioli. Because everyone knows that nothing goes better with broken kneecaps than some delicious meat-filled pasta.

For me, the best part about this (aside from the purple knees, which did I mention: HOT. Especially since I have a date tomorrow)? I didn't even trip over anything. No, this was sheer lack of coordination & grace. Awesome.

Oh, and I got a speeding ticket in the mail today too. Like icing on the cake, or perhaps sauce on the ravioli.

1 comment:

OptimisticalCynical said...

Personally, I am a fan of frozen peas.