Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tech Support, Vol. 12,376

So we all hate tech support. That's no fun to kvetch about. Everyone has the same experiences. For example, I am on the phone with Verizon for at least the fifth time on the same issue. And of course, I'm on hold. But there is hope- I have stumbled across someone who has vowed to fix my problem before I get off the phone. It is possible, folks. There are humans who work in customer service. It just takes four months and several dozen phone calls across several different companies to find one.

Today has actually been a reasonably pleasant service day; however, it didn't start out so well. When my lovely wife and I awoke, we found approximately fifteen tiny things on our kitchen counter that I will heretofore refer to as "doots." These doots were produced by a tiny little mammal that, when animated, looks like Stuart Little. However, when not animated it could make someone scream and jump on a chair. Fortunately, my wife and I are not that type of person, however it is still unnerving to have Stuart Little dooting all over the kitchen counter.

We had known that there was a Stuart running around our house, but we thought he was just in the basement and in the garage. Well, apparently not anymore. So we called Western Pest, who had actually come to give us an estimate on service before, and amazingly they came right over. The techician was great, and did a whole bunch of stuff to help us out (also related to other natural creates we don't want around). The only remaining issue is that we now have traps all over our basement and "glue pads" in our garage, that might catch Stuart alive and stick him in place. Wouldn't that be fun to come across? Little Stuart revving the engine in his tiny car trying to unstick himself. And then when he gets out of his tiny car, sticking his feet to the glue pad and screaming in his little high-pitched voice. Fun stuff at the Oliveri's!

Oh, and I'm still on hold.