Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Curious Incident of the 360 Controllers in the Night

The night before last I was lazing in bed with the guy I'm seeing, playing games as usual. (Yes, I really am THAT lame). Having grown tired of the selection of Xbox games, we decided to bust out the 360 & play Kameo. After hooking the 360 up to the bedroom TV & schlepping every game out of the living room & into the bedroom, I glanced around for the controllers. Nowhere in sight. Thus began the endless search for the controllers.

For those of you in the know, while my condo is not particularly large, it is chock full of stuff. Which means that one goes into sensory overload when searching for anything. I started off by looking in the usual spots. TV armoire, no love. Atari closet of doom? No controller there. Liquor cabinet with handy game storage in the bottom....nothing. Dresser full of controllers? Well, if I need some Super Nintendo & Dreamcast controllers, I know where to go. Coat closet? Nothing but us coats in here. Fridge? Nope, that's for food, even in my house. Desk drawers reveal nothing but Vectrex games & some loose change. Under the sofa & TV console in the living room contain empty boxes only. In a stroke of brillance I scan under the bed. Where I find about 8 books, things that can't be mentioned on this blog and a host of hair accessories. No 360 controllers though.

At this point, it's been about 20 minutes of me wandering around my place talking to myself & hurriedly opening doors and drawers as if somehow I could possibly SNEAK UP on the controllers. Like the 5 other times I opened the closet I simply wasn't fast enough. Ignoring the laughter, I open every door, drawer & cabinet in the place. I check the bar, the laundry closet, the electrical closet, and the pantry. Because, as my former roomate can attest to, I think the kitchen is a fine place for my gaming needs. Thwarted, I admit defeat & we settle back in with the Xbox (on a side note, Raze's Hell is pretty damn entertaining).

Alas, the controllers are nowhere to be found. Which means I have to shell out another &%$*ing $40 for a new controller. Damn wireless controllers.

No comments: